1. Information we Collect.
We collect Personal Information as follows:
When you register an account with Tip My Guide, we collect your first and last name, phone number and email address.
- We collect photos, videos, audio and other multimedia containing your image and voice that are uploaded to Tip My Guide.
- We collect information such as your name, email address, phone number and reservation data obtained from other sources, such as our clients or through third parties, who you provided this information to. For example, a reservation website may provide information to us about you and your trip. Additionally, we may correlate this data with your activity on Tip My Guide.
- We associate your Tip My Guide account with your activities on Tip My Guide, such as what you click and where you navigate.
- If you connect your Tip My Guide account to social media, review websites or other third party services, we collect all publicly available information from such services.
- If you sign up for an email list, we collect your first and last name and email address.
- If you contact us for support, to participate in surveys, or voluntarily post in our blogs, we collect any Personal Information you provide about yourself
We collect anonymous information from you, which may be provided to us by a third party pursuant to section 3, including but not limited to:
- Information concerning how you use Tip My Guide, such as what you click and where you navigate, and metrics and other types of statistical data. For example, we collect statistics concerning activities, ratings, tips and sales facilitated through Tip My Guide and how often certain data is viewed or shared through social media.
- Tip My Guide diagnostic information including logs, error reports and events and the type, number, date and page relating to this information.
- Geolocation data concerning where you are located when accessing Tip My Guide.
- Information concerning how you access Tip My Guide, for example, computer operating system and web browser, type of mobile device and device identifier, device settings and IP Address.
2. How we Use Your Information.
We use your Personal and Anonymous Information internally to provide Tip My Guide to you, to understand your needs and the needs of our clients and to provide you with better service and information, in particular to:
- Provide Tip My Guide to you, such as hosting and displaying information, providing updates, developing, improving or expanding Tip My Guide and addressing technical issues.
- Generate and analyze information about our users so we can better understand them and how they use Tip My Guide and draw trends and predictions based on this information.
- Establish and maintain your Tip My Guide account and to protect the security of your account.
- Contact you in connection with your activities on Tip My Guide, such as resolve payment issues, such as refunds and chargebacks.
- Contact you with marketing or promotional content on behalf of our clients or Adventure Soup if you previously consented to such contact. For example, we may send you an offer to purchase photos from Tip My Guide relating to an activity you participated in.
- Provide customer and technical support and to resolve customer issues.
- Inform you of changes to Tip My Guide, such as outages, suspensions or other material changes.
3. Third Parties we Disclose Information to.
We disclose Personal and Anonymous Information to third parties, who may be located in a foreign jurisdiction and subject to foreign laws, as follows:
- If photos or video of you are uploaded to Tip My Guide, your image and voice can be disclosed through Tip My Guide by our clients to anyone with a link to the photo.
- We may disclose your Personal and Anonymous Information to third parties for customer support and feedback, analyzing Tip My Guide functionality and technical issues, tracking use of Tip My Guide and generating reports and data models that we use to improve Tip My Guide.
- We may disclose your Personal and Anonymous Information to our parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries or contractors for internal purposes (as described above).
- We disclose your credit card or debit card and billing information to third parties for payment processing and fraud prevention purposes and that will be transferred to such third parties using TLS (transport layer security).
- To respond to inquiries from law enforcement or to defend our rights or the rights of others.
Tip My Guide is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we inadvertently collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who you believe provided Adventure Soup with Personal Information without your consent, please contact Adventure Soup at email@example.com.
5. Web Beacons and Cookies.
6. Third Party Software and Services.
7. California Do Not Track Disclosure.
Do Not Track, or DNT, is a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of you. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. Currently, there is no DNT technology standard and, as a result, Tip My Guide does not respond to DNT signals.
8. California “Shine the Light” Right.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.82 grants you the right to request Adventure Soup’s disclosure of the categories of personal information we provided to third parties, and the names and addresses of these third parties, for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would to make this request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Adventure Soup Inc.
ATTN: Privacy Officer
235 Frederick St, #2,
Kitchener, ON, Canada
9. Obtaining or Changing Collected Information.
You may contact Adventure Soup to obtain a copy of any personal information we have collected about you, the production of which may be subject to a fee as permitted by applicable law. In addition, you may contact Adventure Soup to correct or delete such information, except to the extent that retention is necessary for our legitimate business purposes, required by applicable law, in the control of a third party or where correction or deletion is not technically feasible.
If you have any questions or would like to access or change your information via email, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. Information Storage and Retention.
While Adventure Soup is a Canadian company, the data you provide through Tip My Guide is stored and processed by third parties in countries around the world. You authorize Adventure Soup and third parties acting on Adventure Soup’s behalf to use and process your data in any country of their choosing, which may cause your data, including personal and anonymous information, to be subject to privacy protections and legal rights that may not be equivalent to those in your country.
Your personal information is retained until you request its deletion pursuant to section 9 or until Adventure Soup no longer requires such information for the purpose for which it was collected.
11. Change of Ownership or Business Transition.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Adventure Soup uses industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption to transfer information.
13. Email Preferences.
We communicate with our users primarily by email. If you would like to change the email preferences we associate with you (for example, unsubscribing from receiving certain types of email) you may do so by clicking a link within emails that we send to you or, if no link is available, by replying with “unsubscribe” in the email title or body.
15. Contact Us.